That article is about Real Estate Brokers And Agents. A real estate agent can be of many types. They can be a consultant of real estate, an associate or a realtor but they all come under the agent’s category. Always check the consultant’s license. Many firms have put their list of agents online. So from the net all the details can be checked.
Here is the list of all the types of real estate agents:
1. Real estate broker: The broker has more knowledge as compared to an agent. Broker has the option to either start his own work or join a real estate firm. The broker to acquire his license needs to give some exams which are difficult than a sales person’s exam.
2. Broker associate: The broker associate is the one who works with a real estate broker. He associates the broker. The associate also has the option to either start his own work or join any broker. Some of the firms pay their broker associate a fixed amount of salary. But some get some percentage of the transaction.
3. Agent of the real estate: These agents are salespersons of the real estate firm with a license. These cannot be considered as the broker. Agents function under the broker. He basically works in selling and renting of property. It’s his work to deal with the customer.
4. Realtor: I t can be either of the two a broker or an agent of the real estate. He has to follow fixed norms of ethics as he is the part of national association of realtors.
5. Listing agent: They are the selling agents. They have the work of selling the properties at good prices to make good profit.
6. The buyer’s agent: This agent never works in particular with buyer or a seller. But he manages to work with both.
7. The agent for transaction: Agents where no dual agencies are permitted, agents just deal in simply carrying out the transaction. He does not represent any sort of party.
There is a big difference between a realtor and an agent. These two terms cannot be used interchangeably. Since both are functioning in the same real estate agency therefore they may be mistook as one. A realtor is a member of national association of realtors. The realtor is subjected to follow a strict code of ethics. These ethics involves around 17 articles and various other standards. It is not the case of pledging these ethics but there are strict rules to follow them as well.
In order to carry on beneficial estate transaction a good agent of real estate is required. An agent helps the customer in using his money for the perfect dealing of property. It is not always the case that the best agents work in the biggest of the brokerage houses. Small agencies also have some of the best agents.
The perfect agent for your dealing can be the one who is working in the industry for along period of time, who perfectly understands your need and is the master of the market.