The article gives an analysis of Debt Elimination Vs Debt Consolidation Programs. Debt is one of the most mind hammering worry for every individual operating as a professional or a corporation. Everyone believes in hassle free earning, free of debt in order to maximize future prospects and savings.
In reality, everyone is dependent on debt to facilitate present and future aspects overlooking the opportunity cost. The biggest challenge is to understand the needs, debt structure and probability of positive and negative outcomes that require basic knowledge of debt management, debt elimination and debt consolidation.
Financial strain usually arises from the unsecured loan resulting in high interest rates and thus choking opportunity cost and disposable income of an individual. There are certain measures which can eliminate debt up to some extent but require a realistic plan depending on the individual’s financial status and mindset. Complete debt elimination requires an individual’s financial sacrifice and a positive attitude of perseverance.
Some of the highly effective debt elimination measures are:
– Debt elimination can be achieved through debt consolidation strategy by opting for one secured loan minimizing the interest rate to cover all unsecured loans.
– Secured loans are based on the collateral. Higher the value of the asset, lower will be the interest rate.
– Settlement is also one of the option for minimizing the debt by negotiating on a particular amount based on the certain percentage of the master amount, and your Credit-related personal finance situation.
Debt Consolidation is a tool to eliminate debt by opting for a secured loan through collateralization of an asset. This reduces the interest rate and act as an aid in paying the credit card debts and other unsecured debts carrying higher interest rates. Debt consolidation is very much beneficial for a consumer having high interest debt balances. Refinancing of debt consolidation loan is exploited by the business houses by charging high fees.
The following are few effective debt consolidation measures:
– Lowering the interest rate by opting for the secured loan and minimizing the high interest rate on unsecured loan
– Approaching debt consolidation credit counseling and understanding the interest rates on credit cards
– Search for the best firm understanding your requirements and your cash inflows and outflows
– Debt settlement provides an option of settling the debt by negotiating on the master amount by deducting some percentage
In recent years, debt elimination through debt consolidation has emerged as a redeemer but then debt consolidation programs only cure the symptoms without affecting the real and root cause. One should opt for the best possible option in order to minimize the risk and maximize the opportunity cost.
Lastly, every program involves schemes that cater to varied demands and preferences. You have to prioritize your interests so that you can seek the program that best suits your problem. All programs have inherent benefits and flip-sides, so before you opt for a loan program, be aware of the available programs so that you can compare them and take an informed decision. There are several fake institutions that can really impact you adversely. So you need to be very careful and informed throughout the process.