In that article you will find some information on Business Opportunities In Canada. Canada is a land of opportunities where thousands of businesses have made their fortune. The ease of setting up, the support of the government, and the community camaraderie makes setting up and operating businesses in Canada a lucrative proposition.
To understand the business opportunities in Canada, the first step is to look at your strengths and the business areas that may interest you. There are three popular modes in which start-ups can set-up their business models.
1. Products or Service – Depending on your background, you may choose to offer products or services. For example, if you are a writer, you could provide content services for various businesses that require creation of documents like advertising or branding material. If you are a creative artist like a potter, you could provide finished pottery products for sale. You may also combine the two – products and services for a mixed offering. A computer professional may provide repair service or even sell assembled products. Choosing your line of product or service is the first step in finding an opportunity.
2. Independent or Franchisee – Whether you have chosen to sell products or services, you may consider becoming a franchisee. In this line of work, you operate the business for a larger chain of business and the advantage of using their brand and goodwill. For example, you may choose to become the franchisee of a restaurant or fast food chain. On the other hand, you may also want to consider becoming an independent entity and having the freedom to decide your services and prices.
3. Retail or Wholesale – In case you choose to sell products, understand your position of strength in the supply chain. Would you like to enter the highly competitive but lower initial investment space of selling to customers (retail), or would you rather sell goods to retailers acting as an intermediary for manufacturers (wholesale) with a higher investment?
Once you have made the decision of a business model, scout for opportunities in trade magazines relevant to your business area. Business areas with the highest opportunity are:
– Food and Beverage – Depending on your source of funding, you may choose the scale of operation to start with. You have a wide range of choice from food stalls to table-cloth restaurants.
– Training – With the introduction of new technologies and requirement for newer skills, training is an evergreen business to be in. Offer programs based on your areas of expertise. You again have a good range of age-groups (children to adults), skill-sets (communication to IT Security), and clientele (individuals to corporations) to choose from.
– Creative and Novelty – Setting up a small shop with creative curios or novelty items is always a crowd-puller in your locality, and can really enhance a business.
For more opportunities specific to your skills, you may go through the hundreds of listings on websites for business opportunities.